FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL PLAYERS, OFFICIALS AND SPECTATORS, PLEASE MAKE CERTAIN THAT THERE IS A 5 YARD CUSHION ALONG BOTH SIDELINES.
Game rules will follow NFSHA applications for the age group of play in each game, with exceptions as noted in this document.
GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP IS EXPECTED AMONG PLAYERS, COACHES, OFFICIALS AND SPECTATORS.
PLEASE RESPECT YOUR COACHES, YOUR OPPONENTS AND THEIR COACHES, AND THE SPIRIT OF THE GAME.
- We will not play “failure to advance” or offensive advance — the 20 and 10-second rules.
- Obvious stalling tactics can be called by the officials after warning and at his or her discretion.
- Each game will consist of four, eight minute stop clock periods and a 5-minute halftime.
- Any player, fan or coach ejected from a game will be prohibited from competing in or observing his/her team’s next game (at a minimum).
- In the event of a tie, a 5 minute sudden victory period will be played. 5 minute sudden victory periods will be repeated until a winner is decided.
- No substitution horns will be utilized.
- Each team is allowed two thirty second time outs in each half and one in the overtime period (no carryover of time outs into the second half or into overtime).
- Decisions on the field will be the final ruling.
- No disputes will be heard after the game.
- No player may compete or be on the roster of more than one team during Lax Jam.
- No stick checks unless requested by the opposing coach.
- If stick is found to be legal, challenging team will be charged a timeout.
- If no timeouts remain, delay of game technical foul will be assessed.
- If the stick is not legal, the appropriate penalty will be assessed.
- Please clean up your bench area of equipment, bottles and trash before leaving the area.
- Team in lead must keep the ball in the box for the last two minutes of the game unless up by 5 goals.
- Teams will shake hands after the game but not line up together before the game (except the championship game).
- Abusive or un-sportsmanlike behavior on the part of any player, coach, parent, or fan can result in expulsion from the event by either a referee and/or the event organizers.
- Event organizers retain the right to make any changes for the betterment of the Lax Jam.